PRICE: 100 USD
SALT FLAT UYUNI 2D&1N
Day 1. Train cemetery – Colchani Town – Tunupa Volcano
Departure from Uyuni City at 10:30 am our excursion start with a visit to the train cemetery, then visit Colchani to observe the manual process of extracting, besides visiting salt craft shops, income the Uyuni Salt flat, we can appreciate the montones de sal (piles of salt), which are small mounds of salt, located in this way to dry, also observe the extraction of salt and finally the salt hotel, constructed by panels of salt.
Continuing our journey we are going to Tunupa Volcano, which is a natural sentinel over the Uyuni Salt Flat to get through it, we will accommodate late afternoon in Salt Hotel for the night
Day 2. Ascent to Tunupa Volcano – Isla Incahuasi – Uyuni
In the morning we will start the ascent to Tunupa Volcano (5,450 m), from the top you can see the Salt Flat in its entirety, which allows visitors to take amazing photos from this place, then descend the volcano to visit the archaeological site of Coquesa Chullpares (mummies dating from pre-Inca times) in perfect condition, some mummies impact visitors for the expressions that show, it is said that these were asphyxiated due to gases produced by the Tunupa volcano. Lately we go to the Incahuasi Island, located in the middle of the salt desert, which is also known as “Isla de Pescado” is populated by numerous giant cactuses higher than 10 meters, from the top you can see the wonderful landscape of Uyuni Salt Flat.
In the late afternoon we will be ready to return to Uyuni to end our services.
- Transportation 4×4 WD during the tour,
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner),
- Local basic accommodation with shared toilets.
- Sleeping bags,
- Entrance ticket to Isla Incahuasi (30.- Bs) and Mommies (60.- Bs.)
WHAT TO BRING:
- Comfortable clothing and shoes, warm clothing for the evening, might get cold, raincoat for the rainy season (December to April), sun cap or hat and wool hat for the nights.
- Sun block lotion, sun glasses, flashlight.